Extend the life of your vehicle
Recent studies show that 5% of all vehicle fatalities are caused by auto maintenance negligence. Following these simple tips can help extend the life of your vehicle, ensure safer handling, and benefit our environment.
Preventive maintenance tips
As always, you should refer to the owner’s manual for your vehicle’s maintenance schedule as suggested by the manufacturer. In general, you should:
- Have your oil filter changed every 3,000 – 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked regularly, including, battery, brake, power steering, transmission / transaxle, windshield washer solvent and anti-freeze.
- Check your vehicle’s tire pressure.
- Have the engine tuned regularly.
- Extend the life of the moving part of your vehicle’s suspension system, have the chassis lubricated often.
- Clean all surfaces of the battery as needed.
- Check and replace all burned out light bulbs.
- Check and replace windshield wipers once per year, or as needed.
- Inspect the engine belts for cracks and missing segments.
- Have the air filters changed every other oil change.